Invisalign treatment Perth
At Nedlands Dental we offer Invisalign treatment - a revolutionary way of correcting your smile. It's designed to treat minor to complex tooth straightening cases and is a particularly popular option among adults.
Before fitting you with Invisalign clear aligners, our experienced dentists will put together a virtual Invisalign treatment plan using Align Technology's unique ClinCheck software. This will show you how your teeth are predicted to move during treatment, helping you visualise your new smile before starting treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that helps to straighten teeth without traditional metal braces, and has quickly revolutionised the world of orthodontics.
Now patients have a different option instead of highly visible metal brackets. Invisalign involves wearing a series of custom-made clear plastic aligners that help to move your teeth into the desired position. Even patients who would not have considered braces, are now keen to have Invisalign treatment.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign treatment involves a series of custom-made, practically invisible aligners that gently straighten your teeth over time. The removable aligners require changing every 1 - 2 weeks, with each set of aligners progressively moving your teeth into the desired position throughout the process.
Each Invisalign aligner is made of transparent, medical-grade plastic making them almost invisible. They are custom-designed to fit the specific shape of your teeth and jaw. For best results, we recommended wearing the aligners for 20-22 hours each day.
The best part is that they can be removed for eating, drinking, flossing and brushing. You can also take them out for special occasions or important work meetings.
Our Nedlands Dental clinic has the very latest Invisalign technology, ensuring the best teeth straightening outcomes for our patients.
What types of issues can Invisalign fix?
The Invisalign system is effective in fixing overcrowded or widely spaced teeth. It can also help with more complex dental problems, such as overbites, underbites, open bites, and even cross bites. Whatever your situation, Invisalign can help you achieve that straight smile you've always wanted.
- Overbite - Known by dental professionals as an "overjet", an overbite is when the top teeth bite over the lower teeth. It's generally caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or over development of the bone that supports the teeth.
- Crossbite - When both the top and bottom jaws are misaligned, a crossbite occurs. This can cause one or more of the upper teeth to bite on the inner surface of the lower teeth. Both the front and/or side of the mouth can be affected. This condition may cause tooth wear, gum disease, and bone loss.
- Underbite - When the lower teeth protrude beyond the front teeth, this is known as an underbite. It's generally caused by under development of the upper jaw, over development of the upper jaw, or both. Missing teeth can also contribute to this condition.
- Crowded Teeth - Crowded teeth can occur when there is simply not enough space within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit properly. If left untreated, this issue can cause dental decay, gum disease and impedes the normal function of teeth.
- Widely Spaced Teeth - Overgrowth of the jaw bone can result in widely spaced teeth. When a person loses teeth, their remaining teeth may shift due to additional space, which can also lead to this condition. Some periodontal illnesses can be caused by spacing issues in teeth.
Who is Invisalign suited for?
Invisalign is a suitable orthodontic treatment modality for patients of all ages, but in particularly for adults. The discrete nature of the aligners gives patients the confidence of knowing that the treatment won't impact their appearance.
Not only do the removable aligners straighten your teeth, but they have the added advantage of being able to be removed for important meetings or public speaking engagements.
Invisalign vs braces: Benefits of Invisalign over braces
- Almost Invisible: Invisalign is nearly invisible, meaning you can smile with confidence unlike with more traditional metal braces.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are made of a special flexible material, allowing you to easily put in and remove. Now you can still enjoy your favourite foods whenever you want without holding back!
- Comfort: The aligners are made incorporating technologies that ensure gentle, effective teeth movement throughout your treatment. No brackets or wires are used to irritate your mouth.
- Fewer Dental Visits: With traditional braces you may need to attend every 4-6 weeks. With the Invisalign treatment plan, it's every 6-8 weeks.
- Clearer Timelines: Invisalign treatment enables you to visualise every stage giving you a clearer picture of the treatment timeline.
- Better Oral Health: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable which makes it easy to floss and brush your teeth.
How long does the Invisalign treatment plan take?
Invisalign treatment process typically takes 12 to 18 months to straighten your teeth, however it can be complete in as little as 3-6 months. The Invisalign aligners can then be removed and your teeth will be straightened.
- Consultation: This is the first step, and we'll talk about your treatment goals. There are a number of factors that we need to consider before deciding the best teeth straightening solution for you.
- Treatment plan: Using the very latest in 3D imaging scanning technology, our dentists will map out the series of movements required by your teeth to achieve a straighter smile.
- Design: Custom made aligners will then be designed to suit your desired outcome.
- Wear your Invisalign clear aligners: In as little as 3 to 6 months, the Invisalign treatment can be completed. The Invisalign device can be removed, and your overbite issue can be corrected.
How much does Invisalign cost in Perth?
Invisalign treatments from Nedlands Dental in Perth can start from as little as $5,119 less your private health rebate. You can also benefit from the flexibility of our easy payment plans.
|Invisalign cost Perth WA||
Invisalign prices start from
$5,119 less your private health rebate
Initial Invisalign consultation
Flexible payment plans?
Are monthly payments possible for invisalign?
Our orthodontic specialists can work with you to create a monthly payment plan through a payment plan system. The payment plan is an arrangement to pay for your treatment in smaller monthly instalments. At the start of your treatment, we will request a deposit.
Invisalign Perth Dentist - Dr Hoda Foroughi
Dr Hoda Foroughi is the principal dentist at Nedlands Dental. With over 15 years experience in private practice, Dr Foroughi is a highly skilled dentist who is qualified in all areas of general dentistry. Her patients all comment on her professionalism, her efficiency, and gentle approach towards them and their family.
Invisalign Perth - Book your free consultation today
Contact our experienced Invisalign dental consultants for a gap free consultation to find out if Invisalign treatment is right for you. Call Nedlands Dental on 63892711 or contact us online to book an appointment today.
How to clean Invisalign retainers?
It is essential to clean your Invisalign aligners at least once a day, either in a denture cleaner or in Invisalign cleaning crystals. After they've soaked, use an extra toothbrush (not one you would brush your teeth with) to remove any caked-on food or plaque. Then simply rinse them before putting them back in your mouth.
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
Invisalign treatment time is generally 12 to 18 months, however it can be complete in as little as 3-6 months. Patients should begin seeing improvements within a few weeks.
Is Invisalign better than braces?
Invisalign is often the preferred choice for many patients because it is more discreet and comfortable than traditional braces. Many individuals appreciate the ability to remove the aligners.
Invisalign clear aligners, on the other hand, may not be an option if you have significant dental issues that need extensive tooth movement.
We recommend discussing your teeth straightening options with one of out dentists. We can work with you to make an informed decision specific to your own personal needs as well as your desired results.
Can I get Invisalign if I have cavities?
While you can begin Invisalign treatment with existing cavities, we recommend having your cavities filled before placing being fitted for aligner. Filling a cavity before Invisalign treatment will allow your tooth to heal before any pressure is placed on the tooth from the aligners.
Can you get Invisalign after veneers?
If your veneers are healthy, strong, and well bonded to your teeth, you may be able to undergo Invisalign treatment. Some patients may require additional attachments to make their aligners more snug.
Can Invisalign close gaps?
Yes, it can. Invisalign aligners are effective at closing gaps in teeth. The metal-free aesthetics of the clear aligners make them a popular choice for patients looking to close gaps in their front teeth in particular.
Can Invisalign straighten crooked teeth?
Invisalign aligners are one of the most effective methods to correct crooked teeth in adults. They may help you move your teeth more quickly and are becoming increasingly popular as a method of straightening teeth.
Can you take out Invisalign?
Unlike braces which can't be removed during treatment, Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, drinking brushing and flossing. They can also be taken off for special occasions or important work meetings.
Do I need retainers after Invisalign?
Yes, after Invisalign treatment you'll need to wear a retainer. Even though Invisalign braces work in a different way from traditional metal braces, the end result is the same. After any type of tooth straightening, you'll need to wear retainers.
Is Invisalign covered by dental insurance?
Invisalign treatment is treated the same by most dental insurance plans. The way dental insurance covers braces is also how it covers Invisalign treatment.
Insurance may pay for a certain percentage of your Invisalign treatment, or it may reimburse you for a specific amount. Usually, there is a maximum amount of money that dental insurance will cover for orthodontic treatment.
Are invisalign trays recyclable?
Unfortunately, your Invisalign trays cannot be recycled. You can't share them either because they are designed to fit your teeth and they are considered are medical waste.
In this situation, the bin is the best option. Yes, it's a pain that non-biodegradable items go to our landfills. However, until an effective technique is found to help us get rid of waste products like Invisalign trays, landfill is the only option.
Are traditional braces faster than invisalign?
The short answer is no. While metal braces take anywhere from 18 to 24 months to complete, the Invisalign treatment process takes an average of 12 months. With Invisalign, patients with minor misalignment can see changes in as little as six months.
Can you drink tea with invisalign?
While you're undergoing treatment with Invisalign clear braces, you can drink tea and coffee without worry, as long as you don't drink them while wearing the trays. It's vital to remove the trays before consuming beverages, even if you don't have to chew when drinking.
Other servicesView all services
Preventive dentistry is all about caring for your teeth to keep them healthy and minimise the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, tooth wear and much more.Discover more
At Nedlands Dental we are very preventive orientated, and that is especially important in relation to our young patients.Discover more